November 14, 2013
Exedy started developing their racing clutch options for vehicle manufacturers in 1964 and since has amassed wins in a wide array of events, capturing titles in the racing world from rally and Gymkhana to F1 and Super GT300. You can have the same Exedy racing clutch technology that led these drivers to the podium, and you don’t have to buy the kit meant for a professional racer to start seeing serious performance and durability improvements.
Check out the available stages of Exedy Racing Clutch kits and see which one fits you and the use of your vehicle best.
- Exedy organic friction racing clutch composition, with the fibers held together by high heat resins
- So strong it doesn’t need a steel backing to pass SFI burst test.
- Maintain the drivability of an OE-style disc
- 40% on average increase in the clamp load with high performance cover
- Extra capacity to allow for common street car upgrades to fit
- Cerametallic racing clutch friction disc handles much more heat, and more horsepower than a stock type without slipping or fading
- High performance cover has 40% more clamp load on average
- High-strength, anti-burst protection
- Extra capacity to accommodate common street car upgrades
- Normal (thick) disc is recommended for street, drag or rally uses
- Thin (~50% thickness of stock) disc is for circuit track use only
- Exedy exclusive Ceramettalic racing clutch friction disc 6-pad design
- Heavy duty hardened spring damper
- Heavy duty bonding agents used for low wear and high heat resistance
- Forged aluminum covers average 40% increase in clamp load over stock
- Forged design is much stiffer, meaning no clamp-load deflection
- Extra capacity that’s capable of fitting both street or race car power upgrades
- Forged chromoly flywheel, which combines low weight with high heat capacity
- Provides snappier throttle response and quicker shifting
- Chromoly flywheel was designed for rally, drag and hi-performance street
- Tested at 18,000 rpm without failure
- Ring gear cannot separate and the friction surface cannot warp
- Can be resurfaced for future clutch service
- Cerametallic racing clutch friction disc, 6-pad design
- Low wear and high heat capacity
- Heavy duty hardened spring dampers and bonding agents
- Smaller and thinner discs reduce weight for quicker shifting and less wear and tear on synchros
- Forged aluminum cover averages 100% increase over stock clamp load
- Extra capacity to hold street or race car power upgrades
- No clamp-load deflection
- Some have choice between SD and HD clamping configurations to match wheel torque numbers
- SFI approved chromoly flywheel is tested up to 18,000 rpm without failure
- Designed for drag, rally or hi-performance street driving
- Low weight, low inertia, providing snappier throttle response and quicker shifting
- Most of these flywheels are designed to increase airflow and help cooling
- With one piece forging means the starter teeth are machined in place
- Ring gear cannot separate nor can the friction surface warp
- Can be resurfaced
To speak with an expert and place your Exedy Racing Clutch order, give us a call at (866) 250-5542. You can check out all the Exedy racing clutch products we carry, or explore all the items we have for sell here at STILLEN. You can also schedule anything from a routine maintenance or install to a full scale racing build on the Performance Shop site.
November 13, 2013
Ford Fusion Front Lip Spoiler
The second-generation Ford Fusion has some aggressive styling from the factory, but for the true enthusiast, STILLEN has developed a Front Lip Spoiler and Roof Wing to take that styling to the next level.
Both the STILLEN Fusion Front Lip Spoiler and Roof Wing are made from durable polyurethane, a flexible material also used in OE applications, and are designed and manufactured here in Costa Mesa, California at the STILLEN compound. STILLEN has been producing body kits in-house for over 20 years, and customers have long enjoyed the benefits of polyurethane over the inferior fiberglass parts others push into the marketplace.
The Ford Fusion Lip Spoiler comes ready to prep and paint, just like any other body part, and comes pre-installed with genuine 3M Automotive Foam Trim Tape and hardware, ready to be paint matched (or anything custom you want to do!) and installed on the car.
Ford Fusion Roof Wing
The Ford Fusion Roof Wing is an item STILLEN has been known for and extreme detail was taken with the Ford Fusion to integrate the roof with with the present 3rd brake light. The Fusion Roof Wing is also made from polyurethane, and like the Lip Spoiler is easily painted to match the vehicle, or do anything custom you can dream up. Installation is a breeze, as 3M Automotive Foam Trim Tape is pre-applied to the part, ready to adhere to the rear window glass for an easy installation.
All STILLEN polyurethane body components feature a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects, and guaranteed against breakage or cracking in normal use for as long as the customer owns the vehicle.
Give the STILLEN team a call today at (866) 250-5542 for your Ford Fusion body kit components, these are shipping now!
Additional pictures of the STILLEN Ford Fusion Lip Spoiler and Ford Fusion Roof Wing
November 5, 2013
It’s that time of year again.. thousands are burning up the 30+ miles worth of carpeted aisles at the infamous SEMA Show in Las Vegas! The STILLEN Team is no exception, with a big booth introducing the world to the new AP Racing Radi-CAL line of calipers used in the STILLEN-engineered Big Brake Kits.
These new Radi-CAL road calipers get there heritage from the racing Radi-CAL high performance calipers launched in motorsports in 2007, which have been dominating the likes of F1, F3, NASCAR and countless others. This new caliper design features a 2-piece aluminum body with H-structure, and a non-symmetrical design developed to have a large reduction in mass yet improved resistance to braking torque. Another benefit is increased caliper cooling surface without decreasing structural rigidity.
STILLEN has developed applications for popular setups, including Nissan 350/370Z, Infiniti G35/G37, Audi A4 / A5 / S4 / S5, BMW 325/328/335/M3/M5/M6, Chevy Corvette/Camaro, Ford Mustang, and many others.
We will be releasing much more information as we return from SEMA, and the response has already been overwhelming at it’s introduction!
When nothing but the best will do, serious customers look to AP Racing and STILLEN.
October 23, 2013
The new Streetlite Hyundai Genesis Coupe Flywheel from Advanced Clutch Technology, is SFI approved for the 2010-12 Genesis 2.0 T and this, single-mass lightweight upgrade over the dual-mass OE flywheel. At 18.75lbs the Streetlite Genesis Coupe Flywheel is 37.9% lighter than the stock flywheel, which results in quicker engine response and acceleration, and their engineered for strength, allowing for cost-effective resurfacing when needed.
You know this Lightweight Genesis Coupe Flywheel is reliable, not only because it carries the ACT name, but because this Genesis Coupe flywheel is one-piece, forged Chrome-moly steel, that’s CNC-machined and features an induction hardened, integral ring gear. ACT has ensured that their Genesis Coupe Flywheel, will result in maximum torque capacity, long life and clean, fast shifting by soundly designing NEW, rather than modified OE parts, resulting in maximum holding power.
Part # 600665 - ACT Streetlite 2010-2012 Genesis 2.0T
You’re getting a top of the line performance flywheel with the Streetlite Genesis Coupe flywheel, and it will come with an SFI sticker and serial number, which are required for SFI Specification 1.1 standards certification, to be legal for competition where SFI 1.1 is required or recommended. So, you can drive your Genesis 2.0T around as a daily-driving grocery getter during your work week and find a track for some fun in your time off, with the Streetlite Genesis Coupe Flywheel installed.
October 23, 2013
It doesn’t get any better than this for the late model year Corvette owner who’s looking to add some affordable performance and a stand-alone sound to enhance the already great performance of their Corvette. MagnaFlow has released Competition and Street Series Corvette Exhaust kits for 2000-2013 models, including an Axel-Back, Muffler Delete for the 09-11’s, and these Corvette Exhaust kits are the real deal. Each new Corvette Exhaust is dyno tested and proven to make power, and provide performance gains in horsepower and torque, as well as delivering that deep, smooth tone MagnaFlow is known and sought after for.
Listen to these MagnaFlows sing and place your order today!!
The Competition and Street Series Corvette Exhaust kits are all made of 100% stainless steel, and come with the MagnaFlow lifetime warranty that makes them an easy choice for those looking for long lasting quality and performance enhancement. With the exception of the Muffler Delete system for the 09-11 models, these new Corvette Exhausts kits come with an 18-inch muffler while the entire line-up boasts 2.5-inch mandrel-bent tubing and 4-inch quad stainless tips.
Part# 15281 – 2000-2004 V8 5.7L Corvette Exhaust – Competition Cat-Back
Part# 15282 – 2005-2011 V8 6.0/6.2L Corvette Exhuast – Competition Cat-Back
Part # 15283 – 2009-2011 6.2L Corvette Exhaust – Competition Axle-Back Muffler Delete
Part# 15284 – 2012-13 6.2L Corvette Exhaust – Street Series Cat-Back
To speak with an expert and place an order, give us a call at (866) 250-5542. You can also check out the entire STILLEN line, or search for other MagnaFlow products. Visit the Performance Shop site and schedule anything from routine maintenance or an install to a full build.