April 27, 2012
Hooraaaaaaaay we made the cover of IMPORT TUNER!!! Well sort of, we actually made the cover of IMPORTTUNER.COM. Today, or 4/26/12, (depending on when you read this) Import Tuner put our 370z Power Pages feature on the homepage of their website.
As we have stated before in earlier blog entries, the NISSAN 370Z is a very good car straight out of the box, and it takes quite a bit of patience and finess to squeeze extra ponies out of the VQ37. That being said, adding the wrong Intakes or exhausts can actually rob that car of some horsepower, so to answer the troves of people on the forums asking us how much power our 370z products make… check out the Power Pages Article here..
SPOILER ALERT!!!! With some mild tuning we managed to squeeze and extra 139 HP out of the venerable 370z with just 3 PARTS!!!! … That’s just like throwing an extra honda civic in the engine bay of your 370z but without any of the weight.
I guess 3 really is the magic number after all
April 27, 2012
- A #yukonxl in the middle of a major upgrade. #bilstein #apracing #ls1 plus some #magnaflow are sc @ Stillen http://t.co/TkOlRhwd #
- 4 more reasons to go with #apracing for #bigbrakes | http://t.co/sgH8dCMU | #bmw #m3 #stillen @ Stillen http://t.co/PM9CriYP #
- Just finished installing the #stillen #gen3 #longtube intake on this gorgeous #amuse 40th anniversary #370z http://t.co/Hs7mDnCh #
- Godzilla vs a chopper .. #stillen #gtr vs a helicopter during the 2011 #targanz can you guess who @ Stillen http://t.co/XTQn5xXl #
- #stillen targa #fordgt cockpit ready for battle. @ Stillen http://t.co/vFc35xYV #
- #Datsun #240z x #stillen / Peter Brock #370z for #roadandtrack mag. @ Stillen http://t.co/xuuqsVXf #
- #stillen x #nationalguard #g35 #flashbackfriday http://t.co/CxgLr2uJ #
April 26, 2012
Since we do have a special running our AP RACING products this month, I figured it would be fitting to give you 4 more reasons why AP RACING should be your first choice when it comes to Big Brake upgrades for your car.
Two year’s ago, ROAD AND TRACK magazine featured an article that immediately struck a chord with me and I still read that article to this day. They compared the fasted production cars on the road (at that time) vs. their ALMS beefed up twins. What made this article so interesting to me is that the cars in the ALMS (American Le Mans) field are completely based off their production siblings. The ALMS cars use the same motors, drivetrain, and body parts as their street car siblings that come off the assembly line, just much more beefed up. In fact, some of the racecars actually have LESS horsepower than their street ready siblings, go figure.
Because the ALMS cars are restricted to use the factory drivetrain layouts, and body componenets (plus some aero components) as their street siblings, you can imagine how competitive this series can be. In order to gain an advantage on the guy next to you, you have to make sure your car uses the highest quality components in every area possible. Every part of the car has to perform at the highest level and this includes the brakes. I was shocked to see that 4 out of the 5 ALMS cars tested dumped their factory big brake options and ran AP RACING.
First up we will start with Team BMW…
The AP RACING big brake upgrade is actually a very popular upgrade with BMW enthusiasts who frequently track their vehicles.
Next up, we have Ferrari… yes Ferrari! The F430 GTC Michelloto team opted to ditch their factory Brembo option and go with an AP RACING J-Hook upgrade.
Lastly, we have the extremely competitive Team Corvette…
April 20, 2012
- Forged pistons, catback, vortech supercharger with 7psi, built and tuned 6.1 by #stillen Can you guess the http://t.co/xeIDmZCa #
- Love at first sight ?!?! #gtr #stillen @ Stillen http://t.co/dMvh4M2j #
- Taking a walk through memory lane while reading the #millen book. @ Stillen http://t.co/Bm2TXTmp #
- Some #stillen truck specials through the 30th of April. More available at http://t.co/OplyIpwf @ Stillen http://t.co/inMC9u03 #
- #stillen equipped #fordgt getting some #penske coil overs and #apracing brakes installed today. Ultimate set http://t.co/dlD4NyzL #
- Starting the week off with some #nissan heat in the #performancecenter #370z #gtr @ Stillen http://t.co/RIQFfcEl #
- The rain stopped in time for us to snag a pic of the #streetscene x #stillen ford #mustang @ Stillen http://t.co/QXkJAmg7 #
April 19, 2012
In the case of this 2011 SRT8 Dodge Charger, the customer just wasn’t happy with the factory performance levels, he turned to us to help him build a very mean machine. With the help of our Performance Department, we addressed as many areas in the engine as we could that would fit into our customers budget. He told us he wanted to make some serious power figures with his Vortech supercharger kit, and instead of just slapping a big pulley on there and calling it a day. We did what any respectable shop would do and started with the basics.
First, we installed forged pistons and rods in order to handle the larger volume of air in the cylinders. Then we of course, added larger injectors and upgraded the fuel pump to provide the engine with plenty of fuel for safety. In order to keep things flowing properly, we then ported and polished the head and made sure to beef up the hardware holding everything together. After all the known weaknesses in the engine were addressed we installed the Vortech Supercharger and gave the customer a smaller pulley, raising his boost to 7lbs. With all that serious engine work done, the customer opted to go for the more smog friendly route and installed some high flowing cats and a cat back exhaust.
After everything was bolted back together, it was time to get some baseline dyno runs and begin the tuning process to keep everything working in harmony.
While I can’t release the final numbers just yet, I will leave you with a quick vid of the Mopar beast laying down some serious power on our dyno…. I apologize for the quality of the video (shot with my iPhone) but it most definitely get’s the point across.
All you MOPAR fans make sure you get yourselves acquainted with our Performance Center as soon as you can. We got you covered.