STILLEN is excited to announce the availability of select AP Racing brake systems in a limited-edition caliper color – Competition Gray.
AP Racing Competition Gray Big Brake Kit
Racing fans will notice this color is exactly what full-blown race calipers from AP Racing look like. But unlike the race-only hardware, these are built for every day use with secondary dust seals, anti-rattle clips and extra corrosion protection. Finally – the best of both worlds with no compromises!
As top dog in Formula 1 (634 wins!), NASCAR (2008 championship in Sprint Cup and Camping World Series), World Rally Championship (WRC), LeMans prototypes, Super GT, World Touring Car Championship, Moto GP and more, no other brake equipment company has done more to help drivers win than AP Racing. Don’t be fooled by lesser imitators as this is the genuine article.
That is why you will find AP Racing road car brakes as original equipment on cars made by Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Lotus, McLaren, Aston Martin, Holden HSV, Noble, Rossion, Ultima, Caparo, Ascari, Tramontana, Spyker, Pagani, Morgan, Farbio, Seat, Zolfe, Gumpert, Caterham and other limited, high-end exotic supercars. They could have any brakes in the world and chose AP Racing. So can you.
And, as you will notice in the detailed pictures below, the front 6-piston calipers are the first ones to arrive with the latest in improvements
AP Racing Competition Gray Calipers
- Relocation of bridge bolts: Experience gained by Radi-Cal racing caliper development is leading to stiffness improvements across many caliper models. This change improves the dynamic stiffness of the CP7040 caliper considerably.
- Now using external TORX-head bridge bolts: These highly engineered bolts allow better and more consistent torque when assembling calipers.
- Revised caliper face: AP Racing redesigned the face of the caliper for a more up-to-date look along with some weight reduction. In COMPETITION GRAY, they look awesome!
Interesting note for you Top Gear fans.. AP Racing are the factory brakes for the top 6 of 10 fastest cars on the Top Gear Lap Chart:
- Gumpert Apollo (AP Racing)
- Ascari A10 (AP Racing)
- Koenigsegg CCX (AP Racing)
- Pagani Zonda F (AP Racing)
- Caterham R500 (AP Racing)
- Bugatti Veyron (AP Racing)
- Maserati MC12 (Brembo)
- Ferrari Enzo (Ferrari / Brembo)
- Ariel Atom (Alcon)
- Lamborghini LP560 (Brembo)
And if Top Gear hadn’t refused to test the Ultima GTR.. they might have found as much as 4 seconds quicker on the same track, again with the help of a full AP Racing setup.
Competition Gray Limited Edition Calipers Available In The Following Kits:
Front 6-Piston AP Racing Big Brake Kit
Rear 4-Piston AP Racing Big Brake Kit