June 22, 2012
Driving a vintage Cadillac is one of those things in life that very few actually get to enjoy. Late 50′s Cadillac’s were made to make a point, they were stylish, they were advanced and they were powerful. Having a car with Power Mirrors and a Power drop top was something that was mind blowing back in the day. Now a days we expect our cars to come with features like that plus a whole lot more as industry standards. Putting everything the company had into a flagship vehicle, usually meant that the vehicle’s grew to almost astronomical sizes. Just like this 1959 Coupe De Ville, the luxury cars of that day were almost a whole 6 inches longer than a full sized modern Chevy Suburban. Just to put things into perspective, the 1959 Cadillac Coupe De Ville Convertible is also a full 6 FEET longer than a 2012 Mazda 2. Obviously, cars this large carried with them a lot of weight and even though they rode as smooth as eggs, they handled like a wet sock.
Thankfully, Steve’s Coupe De Ville got a HUGE boost in the handling department today with the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp 2 tires. Steve chose the BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2 tires in a 255/35/ZR19 all around to ensure his caddy would have plenty of meat under it’s feet to keep everything in check in terms of handling. Not only do these tires give the Caddy a refreshed look, but they make sure the ride handles a whole heck of a lot better as well. The Sport Comp 2′s ETEC cap and their sidewall inserts make sure that caddy corners like a dream.
Steve ended up choosing BFGoodrich tires because he appreciates a well made tire and he wanted to make sure his caddy got what it deserved.
June 22, 2012
- #throwbackthursday … because Race Car. #STILLEN @ Stillen http://t.co/d9n2Lgx2 #
- http://t.co/d9n2Lgx2 #throwbackthursday Because Race Car #
- RT @WillCMc: @STILLEN just installed the #STILLEN exhaust and slammed the Altima sedan. Fully satisfied! — AWESOME!! #
- Its gorgeous weather today in Costa Mesa, CA and Steve Millen decided to drive his 1959 Cadillac @ Stillen http://t.co/11ihMJ6S #
- The #STILLEN #supercharged #370z vert from last week is back, but this time with more carbon good @ Stillen http://t.co/ojNCrC4n #
- #edelbrock supercharged #camaro #ss getting some dyno tuned power on the #STILLEN dyno. @ Stillen http://t.co/iF5RoQ0s #
- Congratulations to Terrance White for winning the $500 STILLEN bucks facebook sweepstakes from ev @ Stillen http://t.co/QvE56a7K #